Thanks for subscribing! Please check your email for further instructions.
Water on fire
An example of living with the Selfseeds Template while I am in India. Create your own and get started on your Selfseeds garden!
1. Selfseeds Fitness: Running an hour a day and adding 30 minutes to an hour with TapouT XT, P90X, ball, or Hip Hop Abs. A big key to fitness is just doing something consistently. I do a variety of programs to keep my mind and body engaged, but I carve out a regular amount of time, so I have a commitment to movement. Noticing with the running that I need days not to run too. Walking is a great substitute. New muscles are being challenged and I am trying to be thoughtful instead of a warrior about developing the new program without injuries. Listen to your body!
(Selfseeds blog post below)
2. Selfseeds Nutrition: Enjoying eating homemade, fresh food, no preservatives, no sugar, and new flavors. I often don’t know what I am eating, but it tastes incredible, wholesome, and vegetarian. My body is so loving this meal plan! My snacks are still fruits, vegetables, nuts, and dried fruit. And PLENTY of water!
3. Selfseeds Stillness. Exploring the inner world. Calm. Meditation as a daily practice in an ashram.
(short video below)
4. Selfseeds Emotions: state of mind, reactions, feelings. Contemplating my environment and what I have contact to on a daily basis.
5. Selfseeds Weight Distribution: noticing the small details of how my feet strikes the ground, the symmetry of my arm swing, my alignment while sitting, and making tiny adjustments regularly.
6. Selfseeds Balance: balance in life approach. Making time for fitness, flexibility, nutrition, stillness, personalize 5, and more. Pick exercises to do with or on the physio-ball daily, so I have to find my physical inner balance. Pick a few from the group below and have fun.
10 min with 9 exercises
100 different exercises (Very awesome video)
7. Selfseeds Flexibility: stretching, range of motion, evenness, myofascial release. The physical therapist gave me a lacrosse ball to roll on, so I could address knots and tight areas. A daily examination as new levels of fitness are added. Meditating long hours while sitting on the floor is increasing my range of flexibility–big time!
Stretching is no longer a warmup, it’s the workoutNew York Daily News
8. Selfseeds Rhythm: breath, heart beat, footfall, music, temple bells, and activities for the day.
9. Selfseeds Integrative Band: TapouT XT is the mega band program, core awareness, and integration for moving and sitting.
10. Selfseeds Partnering: riding , standing with your elephant, walking your dog, sharing a conversation.
11. Selfseeds Personalize 5 : walking in nature, watching the sunset, listening to a favorite song, be creative… it is for your soul. I am enjoying taking photos.